Pure Acoustics Junior Set
Released April, 2007
The Pros:Capable of enough output volume to fill a smaller or medium sized room. Finish on the speakers looks very nice, compliments your decor.
The Cons:Overall poor construction doesn't always even survive shipping. Insulation on the inside is almost absent, prone to interference. Cabinet is glued together, rather than screwed or nailed.
The Pure Acoustics Junior Set is a mid-grade 5 piece speaker set designed to compliment a stylish, yet casual lifestyle. The set is specifically targeted to be part of a home theater system; and Pure Acoustics claims the package will deliver "amazingly crisp and powerful sound".
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The set includes a pair of 175 watt floor-standing loudspeakers, a pair of 140 watt surround speakers and a single 140 watt center speaker. The individual speaker cabinets (bodies) are all designed with a stylish and glossy finish which is available in Black, Silver, Cherry, Beech, Maple and Mahogany colors. The speakers feature a 175 Watt maximum power handling, with a maximum crossover frequency of 3,500 Hz. The Junior set includes additional features such as an elegant gloss lacquer encasing on each speaker, a black and grey cloth grille covering every sound unit, a total 20 lb maximum weight of the two largest units, and maximum dimensions of 75(H) X 20(W) X 32(D) Cm.
- 5 piece speaker set; (2) 175 watt floor-standing loudspeakers, (2) 140 watt surround speakers, (1) 140 watt center speaker
- Each speaker designed with an elegant gloss finish/ lacquer encasing
- Black and grey cloth grille covering each sound unit
- Available in several different colors; Black, Silver, Cherry, Beech, Maple and Mahogany
- Power Handling: 175 watt (F), 140 watt (S), and 140 watt (C)
- Frequency Range: 44HZ -22,000HZ (F), 65HZ - 20,000HZ (S), 65HZ - 20,000HZ (C)
- Sensitivity (+/-): 90dB (F), 88dB (S), 88dB (C)
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Crossover Frequency: 3,000 HZ (F); 3,500 HZ (S); 2,700 HZ (C)
- Dimensions: 75(H) X 20(W) X 32(D) CM (F); 24(H) x 14.5(W) x 17(D) Cm (S); 14.5(H) x 48(W) x 17(D) Cm (C)
- Weight: 58 lbs (F); 8.4 lbs (S); 4.3 lbs (C)
(F)=Front woofers; (S)= Side surround speakers; (C)= Center speaker
User Reviews (1)
capable of enough output volume to fill a smaller or medium sized room
finish on the speakers looks very nice, compliments your decor
overall poor construction doesn't always even survive shipping
insulation on the inside is almost absent, prone to interference
cabinet is glued together, rather than screwed or nailed
noticeable static and distortion in the audio
highs are overly crisp and tend to drown out the mids
bass range is muddy and poorly fleshed out
You may also like...