Released April, 2006
The Pros:Cuts down water and energy bills by a noticeable amount. Efficient with detergent--uses less than similar washers but cleans just as well. Lots of cycle choices ensure the perfect wash for every load.
The Cons:Door seal will get moldy if you don't leave the door open after a wash. Cycles seem to last longer than the average washer. Even when leveled properly, it often shakes loose, making it very loud.
The Kenmore 4884 is a mid-grade front-load washing machine. The Kenmore 4884 washing machine can handle a 3.6 cu foot load size; which Kenmore quotes to be equivalent to 2 baskets of laundry per one load.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The body design of the device is made up of a steel frame that is adorned with a professional painted finish that is only available in a white color. The biggest feature of the 4884 model is the Energy Star qualification, Eco friendly certification, and Energy Guide functions; Kenmore claims this allows users to save up to 39% more energy and 24% more water when compared to a conventional top load washer (manufacturer before 2004, using normal cycle). The Kenmore 4884 device has a 1050 RPM max spin speed which lessens the overall total drying time of washed fabrics; Kenmore claims the speed enables the device to be "extremely efficient". The 4884 machine includes additional features such as a stainless steel wash basket, full dial control for adjusting different settings, a special integrated lost and found filter that catches small objects which in turn protects the pump if small items make it past the gasket, 5 separate water temperatures, 11 different standard and special wash/rinse cycles including a fully customizable cycle setting, a dispenser that can handle detergent, bleach and fabric softener, and special sound signals and status lights added to alert users about end of cycle and load times.
- Mid-grade front-load washing machine
- Steel body design adorned with professional painted finish; available in white
- Energy Star, and Energy Guide qualifications
- Stainless steel wash basket
- Full dial control for adjusting different settings
- 5 separate water temperatures; 11 different wash and rinse cycle settings
- Lost and found small object filter designed to protect the device pump
- Dispenser that can inject laundry detergent, bleach and fabric softener cleaning solutions
- Special sound signals and status lights to alert users about end of cycle and load times
- Available in White - Kenmore 48842 - $899.99
It should be noted that Kenmore also offers the additional purchase of two different warranty plans at the time the appliance is purchased.
- 3YR In-Home Master Protection Agreement- $169.99
- 5YR In-Home Master Protection Agreement- $259.99
Kenmore will also have a qualified dealer deliver the appliance and pick up any old appliances you may have for a small fee. It is only quoted for one device; therefore if you purchase both a washer and dryer and want both old appliances removed the fee would be doubled.
- Haul away your existing appliance; Haul-away charge (1-item)- $10.00
- Load Size: 3.6 cu feet
- Wash Motion: tumble action
- Maximum Spin Speed: 1050 RPM
- Standard Cycles: normal, delicate, permanent press
- Special Cycles: silk, wool, hand wash, express wash, large items, sanitary, custom, rinse and spin
- Cycle Options: delay (up to 12 hours), pre-wash, extra rinse, stain treatment
- Energy Star Qualified: Yes
- Estimated Power Consumption Per Year (Kilowatts): 152
- Weight: 220 lbs
- Dimensions: 27 in. (W) x 44 in. (D)
- General Warranty: 1 year parts and labor
- Accessories: power cord, fill and drain hoses
User Reviews (1)
Cuts down water and energy bills by a noticeable amount.
Efficient with detergent--uses less than similar washers but cleans just as well.
Lots of cycle choices ensure the perfect wash for every load.
Good price point for a front-loading washer of this size.
Door seal will get moldy if you don't leave the door open after a wash.
Cycles seem to last longer than the average washer.
Even when leveled properly, it often shakes loose, making it very loud.
Pre-wash cycle always dispenses main wash and pre-wash detergent simultaneously with liquid detergent.
You may also like...