The body design of the device is made up of a steel frame that is adorned with a professional painted finish available in two distinct colors; white and black. The biggest feature of the 4811 model is the Energy Star qualification, Eco friendly certification, and Energy Guide functions; Kenmore claims this allows users to save up to 40% more energy and 31% more water when compared to a conventional top load washer (manufacturer before 2004, using normal cycle). The Kenmore 4811 also includes advanced rinsing technology which ensures clothing and fabrics are properly rinsed after a wash. The Kenmore 4811 device has a 1000 RPM max spin speed which lessens the overall total drying time of washed fabrics; Kenmore claims the speed enables the device to be "extremely efficient". The 4811 machine includes additional features such as a stainless steel wash basket, full dial control for adjusting different settings, 4 separate water temperatures, 10 different standard and special wash/rinse cycles, a dispenser that can handle detergent, bleach and fabric softener, and special sound signals and status lights added to alert users about end of cycle and load times.
This device is nearly identical specification and feature wise as the Kenmore 4810 model washing machine.
- Mid-grade front-load washing machine
- Steel body design adorned with professional painted finish; available in white or black
- Energy Star, and Energy Guide qualifications
- Advanced rinsing technology
- Stainless steel wash basket
- Full dial control for adjusting different settings
- 4 separate water temperatures; 10 different wash and rinse cycle settings
- Dispenser that can inject laundry detergent, bleach and fabric softener cleaning solutions
- Special sound signals and status lights to alert users about end of cycle and load times
- Available in White - Kenmore 48112 - $699.99
- Available in Black - Kenmore 48116 - $799.99
It should be noted that Kenmore also offers the additional purchase of two different warranty plans at the time the appliance is purchased.
- 3YR In-Home Master Protection Agreement- $169.99
- 5YR In-Home Master Protection Agreement- $259.99
Kenmore will also have a qualified dealer deliver the appliance and pick up any old appliances you may have for a small fee. It is only quoted for one device; therefore if you purchase both a washer and dryer and want both old appliances removed the fee would be doubled.
- Haul away your existing appliance; Haul-away charge (1-item)- $10.00
- Load Size: 3.5 cu feet
- Wash Motion: tumble action
- Maximum Spin Speed: 1000 RPM
- Standard Cycles: normal, heavy duty, soak, delicate, permanent press
- Special Cycles: wool, hand wash, express wash, large items, touch-up
- Cycle Options: delay (up to 12 hours), pre-wash, extra rinse, stain treatment
- Energy Star Qualified: Yes
- Estimated Power Consumption Per Year (Kilowatts): 202
- Weight: 203.8 lbs
- Dimensions: 27 in. (W) x 36 in. (H) x 26-1/8 in. (D)
- General Warranty: 1 year parts and labor
- Accessories: power cord, fill and drain hoses
4811x where x indicates the model's colour. Model numbers include: 48112, 48116. Specific models are detailed below: