Atlantic Technology System 4200
Released November, 2004
The Pros:THX certified for medium and large rooms. 5.25" midrange satellites. 12" subwoofer.
The Cons:System has a poor low frequency cutoff. Quite expensive.
The Atlantic Technology System 4200 is a high-end speaker system that is THX select certified for medium to large rooms. The system comes with a pair of 2-way left and right channel speakers, each with two proprietary Graphite Loaded Homopolymer 5.25" midrange woofers and one 1" silk dome tweeter.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
It also comes with a center channel speaker with the same drivers as the left and right speakers for accurate reproduction of a multi-channel sountrack. The center channel speaker is designed for wide horizontal coverage and has its own dedicated base which allows the speaker to be tilted for sound optimization. The center and left/right channel speakers also include acoustic controls allowing the user to calibrate and tune the speakers based on the environment. The 4200 system also includes a pair of surround speakers intended to be used as dedicated side or rear surround channel speakers. Each surround speaker has two 4.5" GLH midrange woofers as well as two 1" silk dome tweeters and features switchable dipole/bipole operation making its positioning flexible. The included subwoofer is Atlantic's THX select powered 642e which is a 12" subwoofer with a 300 watt amplifier. The LR and center speakers in the 4200 system are magnetically shielded, allowing them to be placed near video monitors and all the speakers come with magnetically attached metal grilles. Atlantic Technology's System 4200 is at the bottom of their line of THX certified speaker systems.
- 1 x Pair of 2-way left and right front channel speakers (4200e LR) - dual 5.25" GLH midrange woofer, 1" silk dome tweeter
- 1 x center channel speaker (4200e C) - dual 5.25" GLH midrange woofer, 1" silk dome tweeter; can be tilted on dedicated base
- 1 x pair of dipole/bipole surround speakers (4200e SR) for side/back surround sound - dual 4.5" GLH midrange woofers, dual 1" silk dome tweeters
- 1 x THX select powered 12" subwoofer (642e) - 300 watts
- LR and center channel speakers include high-frequency level and boundary compensation controls for calibrating and tuning
- THX select certified for medium-large rooms
- System Frequency Response: 80Hz - 20kHz
- Up to 150 watts of power
- Magnetically shielded
- Magnetically attached metal grilles
- Satin Black or Gloss Black finish
User Reviews (2)
THX certified for medium and large rooms
5.25" midrange satellites
system has a poor low frequency cutoff
You may also like...